Are you happy with your current quilt (doona/duvet)?
Your quilt is one of the biggest investments you will make for you and your bed.
It is important to find the quilt that perfectly suits you!
Learn all the tips & tricks you MUST know to find your perfect quilt today
Are you looking to create the ultimate slumber zone, then we are here to help.
For something luxuriously soft, light and fluffy, you can’t go past a duck down quilt.
When buying a quilt it is important to first understand the filling used. Down are resilient and fluffy, making them very effective insulators.
7 reasons why Down such a good bedding material?
- Provides plenty of warmth without weight.
- Down quilts shape to your body, and are very light and incredibly warm.
- Traps body heat, more effective than alternative fibres.
- If cared for, a down quilt can last for decades.
- Breathable, avoid clamminess you can get from synthetics.
- Draws away moisture for the most comfortable night sleep.
- Washable – ensure fully dry before re-use. Air every couple of weeks to keep the quilts shape.
Duck down quilts require less filling to stay cosy and warm. The natural fill is durable and able to breathe, meaning the quilt stays warm whilst remaining light and soft.
When looking for a new duck down quilt, ensure the filling is stitched into a box construction. This keeps all filling in place, providing warmth across the entire quilt.
(HINT: The BAHA Duck down quilt features box stitched construction!)
COMFORT TIP: You can very easily fluff down quilts to increase the warmth and insulation provided in winter. Or just pat down your quilt in summer for a light and airy sleeping layer. Now thats versatility!
The warmth of down quilts is influenced by the fill weight. Fill weight refers to the amount of down contained within the product in grams per square meter (GSM).
Quilts with more down filling will be warmer to sleep under. Whilst less filling equals a cooler sleep. Make sure you choose your quilt GSM based on how hot or cold you tend to sleep in the night.
We recommend to buy a quilt one size larger than your bed.
This is not only for comfort but also design and style. The quilt will drape down the sides creating better aesthetic appeal.
Lets not forget the benefits you get from a larger size if you have a partner who likes to steal the covers!
Do down quilts sound absolutely perfect for you?
Shop the BAHA down quilt range HERE.
(Available in Single, Double, Queen and King Sizes)
Don’t forget to pair your Quilt with matching Bedding!
Style that Bedroom up! Heres some helpful secrets.
- Use a pair of large European pillows to add height to the bed. Match your European pillow covers to your quilt. (Use 3 Euro squares for a king bed).
- Match your standard pillows to your sheets, or use them to layer in another colour.
- Layer your sheet colours with your quilt cover, check out our sheet sets for inspiration.
- If you like lots of layers. Have your Quilt on top, turned halfway down, with the another layer of a throw/blanket flat or turned down over it.